The investigation and recommendations is closed. Opportunities for Improvement are in progress. It is time to make final edits and put the investigation documents in the final format.
- Create an acknowledgement document. Attach evidence that each participant reviewed the investigation report. Include a place to add additional comments or corrections.
- Organize the investigation documents. Put all of the documents and work product in a binder with a table of contents and tabbed dividers.
- Meet with each individual that was interviewed. Thank them for participating. Ask them to review the document and sign off. Inform them that this will be used as education throughout the organization. Encourage them to share the story with others.
- Communicate the investigation results. Prepare a PowerPointÔ presentation summarizing the investigation. Be sensitive to those involved. Do not use the names of those involved. Identify all of the places it will be presented and get on the agenda.
- Report the event to the appropriate organizational and regulatory bodies. Identify the regulatory bodies that require reporting and who will make the report. Be prepared for any potential fallout.