Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 2/5/2016 Breast Cancer Survivors Vulnerable for Thyroid Tumors, and Vice Versa: Study Doctors, patients should know of increased risk, expert says... Read More
- 2/5/2016 Allergies, Asthma Tied to Lower Risk of Brain Cancer Researchers found 30 percent lower odds for those with respiratory allergies and eczema... Read More
- 2/4/2016 Majority of Americans and Canadians Expects Cancer Cure in Their Lifetime And, about two-thirds don't see cancer diagnosis as inevitably fatal, Harris Poll finds... Read More
- 2/4/2016 Meditation May Ease Pain, Anxiety From Breast Cancer Biopsy: Study Researchers also found music helps during the procedure... Read More
- 2/4/2016 Could IVF Raise Children's Odds for Blood Cancer? Study of in vitro fertilization shows slightly elevated risk, but experts aren't sounding alarms... Read More
- 2/3/2016 Young Black, Hispanic Hodgkin Lymphoma Patients Face Worse Outcomes: Study Early stage disease can be cured about 90 percent of the time, researchers note... Read More
- 2/3/2016 Time to Follow-Up After a Positive Colon Cancer Test Varies by Hospital Patients at one health care system waited almost 6 months for colonoscopy after stool sample results... Read More
- 2/1/2016 Girls Who Eat More Fiber May Face Lower Breast Cancer Risk Later: Study Start eating vegetables, fruits, beans and whole grains early in life, experts say... Read More
- 1/29/2016 Newer Treatment May Be Easier on Children With Brain Tumors Study finds fewer long-term side effects from proton radiotherapy... Read More
- 1/29/2016 Poorer Black Patients Have Lower Survival From Esophageal Cancer Affluence seems key, since death rates didn't vary by race at higher income levels, study found... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.