Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 11/30/2015 Empliciti Approved for Multiple Myeloma Drug boosts immune system to destroy cancer cells... Read More
- 11/30/2015 Obamacare Boosting Breast Cancer Screening Among Poor: Study Researchers report that expansion of Medicaid coverage is improving access to mammograms... Read More
- 11/27/2015 Sweat to Help Reduce Your Risk for Prostate Cancer Vigorous exercise, nutritious diet lower odds for deadly forms of the disease, research suggests... Read More
- 11/25/2015 Retail Prices of Dermatology Drugs Skyrocket Study reveals quintupling of prices over six years... Read More
- 11/24/2015 Portrazza Approved for Advanced Lung Cancer The top cause of cancer death in the United States... Read More
- 11/24/2015 More Cervical Cancers Caught Early Among Young Women Since Obamacare Researchers suggest provision allowing young adults to stay on parents' insurance linked to more screening... Read More
- 11/23/2015 Colon Cancer Screening Rates on the Rise in NYC Unique coalition may be one reason why, and might serve as model for other cities, experts say... Read More
- 11/20/2015 Ninlaro Approved for Multiple Myeloma Blocks certain enzymes, hindering cancer-cell growth... Read More
- 11/20/2015 Yoga May Boost Quality of Life for Prostate Cancer Patients Small study shows those undergoing radiation therapy had fewer side effects, less fatigue... Read More
- 11/19/2015 Cancer Survivors, Overweight Men May Face Job Discrimination If applicants were heavy or revealed previous illness, they got negative responses, studies say... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.