Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 8/28/2015 Many Seniors With Cancer Use Alternative Medicines: Study And a majority of these patients don't tell their doctors about it... Read More
- 8/27/2015 Black Women at Raised Risk of Carrying Breast Cancer Genes In study of those under 50 with invasive form of disease, 12 percent had BRCA1, BRCA2 mutations... Read More
- 8/27/2015 Longer Colonoscopy Time May Cut Cancer Risk Viewing time of less than 6 minutes linked to higher cancer rates, study finds... Read More
- 8/26/2015 Childhood Cancer Survivors Who've Had One Stroke at Risk of Second Rate is double that of people without cancer who've lived through one stroke, study finds... Read More
- 8/26/2015 Experimental Drug for Blood Cancer Shows Promise Researchers want to test daratumumab in a larger group of patients... Read More
- 8/26/2015 Blood Test May One Day Predict Breast Cancer Relapse Circulating tumor DNA analysis spots stray cells months before scans detect recurrence, researchers say... Read More
- 8/26/2015 False-Positive Mammogram Result Traumatic for Most Women: Study Majority had issues such as anxiety, sleeplessness, often persisting long after being declared cancer-free... Read More
- 8/25/2015 Acupuncture Best for Hot Flashes in Breast Cancer Survivors: Study Even 'sham' acupuncture beat one frequently used medication... Read More
- 8/24/2015 Travel Time Can Hamper Follow-Up Chemo, Study Says The farther the location, the less likely patients got treatment after cancer surgery... Read More
- 8/24/2015 Low-Dose Aspirin, Other Painkillers May Lower Colon Cancer Risk But findings should be viewed with care, researcher says... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.