Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 4/24/2015 Daily Aspirin Taken by More Than Half of Older U.S. Adults Usage doesn't always comply with national guidelines... Read More
- 4/23/2015 Ovary Removal Reduces Breast Cancer Death in BRCA1 Carriers: Study The sooner, the better, researchers found... Read More
- 4/23/2015 Many Breast Cancer Patients Still Opt for Mastectomy Over Lump Removal Better pre-surgical chemotherapy means more of the breast can safely be saved, researchers say... Read More
- 4/22/2015 New Technology Tests Tumors Inside the Patient to Find Best Treatment Experimental devices might reduce risk of side effects, lower costs, researchers say... Read More
- 4/22/2015 Vaccine Spurs Immune Response to Fight Aggressive Cancers in Mice Researchers have begun early human trials, say findings could lead to blueprint for tailored treatments... Read More
- 4/21/2015 Diabetes Drug May Not Guard Against Pancreatic Cancer Survival not significantly different from patients who didn't take metformin, study finds... Read More
- 4/21/2015 Study Supports HPV Vaccination Guidelines Protection may go beyond cervical infection... Read More
- 4/20/2015 Many Smokers Try to Quit After Cancer Diagnosis But majority don't succeed in kicking the habit, study found... Read More
- 4/20/2015 Mammograms a Personal Decision for Women in Their 40s, Panel Says U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends screening every 2 years for all after 50... Read More
- 4/20/2015 Income May Affect Survival After Lung Cancer Surgery Study also finds education level, hospital linked to odds of death in month after operation... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.