Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 9/19/2014 Some U.S. Troops May Face Greater Skin Cancer Risk Soldiers might not have regular access to sunscreen, research reveals... Read More
- 9/18/2014 Family Squabbles Can Derail Recovery From Cancer Surgery Study finds infection, other complications more likely for patients with difficult lives... Read More
- 9/17/2014 DNA Blood Test Might Identify Status of Prostate Cancer May help doctors pinpoint best treatment, researchers say... Read More
- 9/16/2014 Urine Test for HPV Works Well, Analysis Finds It's a less invasive way to spot virus linked to cervical cancer; may increase screening rates, researchers say... Read More
- 9/16/2014 Some Benefits of Screening Elderly Women for Breast Cancer Questioned Mammograms for those aged 69 to 75 could result in overtreatment, researchers caution... Read More
- 9/16/2014 Targeted Drugs Among Successes Against Cancer, Says New Report But aging population and increasing obesity threaten progress... Read More
- 9/15/2014 Male Pattern Baldness Tied to Prostate Cancer, Study Suggests Testosterone might be the link between the two, but more research needed to prove a connection... Read More
- 9/15/2014 Chest Radiation May Help Fight Some Advanced Lung Cancers: Study Added to chemo, it lowered recurrence rates, improved survival, researchers report... Read More
- 9/15/2014 New Gene Variants for Prostate Cancer Identified 23 new variants associated with increased risk of the disease, study shows... Read More
- 9/11/2014 Golden Retriever Study Sniffs for Cancer Clues Researchers enrolling 3,000 dogs to learn about risk factors for canine disease... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.