Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 12/4/2013 New Test May Help Predict Survival From Ovarian Cancer Method was used to count special type of immune cells in tumors from 30 women in study... Read More
- 12/4/2013 Study: Pollen Allergies May Raise Risk for Blood Cancers in Women Researchers say hormones might play role in link, but don't know why... Read More
- 12/4/2013 Frequent Mammograms Tied to Lower Risk of Breast Cancer Spread Patients who had scans at shorter intervals had less lymph node involvement, study found... Read More
- 12/3/2013 Breast-Density Changes May Be Tied to Cancer Risk: Study Breast tissue that developed cancer tended to undergo more varied density changes over time, research shows... Read More
- 11/30/2013 Coping Tips for Winter Skin Moisturize, cleanse (but don't overdo), expert says... Read More
- 11/27/2013 Even When Breast Cancer Gene Test Is Negative, Risk Can Persist: Study BRCA screening has its limits in assessing dangers for women with a family history of disease, experts say... Read More
- 11/25/2013 Why Many U.S. Preteens Aren't Getting the HPV Shot Review found cost, fear of kids becoming sexually active deters some parents... Read More
- 11/22/2013 Study Compares Treatments for Arm Swelling Due to Breast Cancer Costly massages worked no better than simple compression bandages... Read More
- 11/22/2013 Blacks Less Likely to See Cancer Specialists, Study Finds Research might explain better survival rates of whites with colorectal cancer... Read More
- 11/18/2013 Use of Breast MRIs Way Up, Studies Find But many high-risk women who should get scanned don't, experts add... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.