Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 7/31/2015 Do Sporty Teen Girls Live Longer, Healthier Lives? Exercise from 13 to 19 cut odds for early death from cancer and all causes, researchers say... Read More
- 7/29/2015 Scientists Suggest New Way to Predict Lung Cancer Risk They focused on telomere length, discovered association... Read More
- 7/27/2015 After Breast Cancer, Many in Appalachia Say No to Lifesaving Drugs Access to care, not insurance, is a key issue, researcher says... Read More
- 7/27/2015 Many Young Cancer Patients Unaware of Fertility Preservation Options Almost 1 in 3 weren't told cancer treatment might affect ability to have a baby later... Read More
- 7/24/2015 1 in 3 Colon Cancers in Young People Has Genetic Link Study authors recommend that people diagnosed before age 35 get tested... Read More
- 7/24/2015 Odomzo Approved for Recurring Basal Cell Carcinoma A common form of skin cancer... Read More
- 7/24/2015 New Skin Cancer Drug Approved by FDA Odomzo is a pill for locally advanced basal cell carcinoma... Read More
- 7/23/2015 Certain Generic Meds May Help Older Patients With Early Breast Cancer Study found benefit from drugs known as aromatase inhibitors and bisphosphonates... Read More
- 7/23/2015 Many Cancer Survivors Who Smoke See Little Benefit to Quitting Those who cling to their cigarettes have a different mindset, survey finds... Read More
- 7/23/2015 Chemo May Worsen Quality of Life for End-Stage Cancer Patients Study suggests those still able to work and perform daily tasks may benefit from forgoing such treatment... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.