Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 4/1/2015 More Americans Survive Childhood Cancers, But Health Problems Persist Malignancies and treatments can take toll on quality of life in adulthood, study finds... Read More
- 3/30/2015 Breast Cancer Is Not One Disease, Experts Say New focus on tumor subtypes could help patients, according to medical groups... Read More
- 3/30/2015 Report Shows Progress in America's War on Cancer Small, but steady declines in deaths seen over past decade... Read More
- 3/27/2015 Connection Between Diabetes, Advanced Breast Cancer Detected in Study Findings suggest need to modify screening methods... Read More
- 3/26/2015 Terminally Ill Can Do Without Statins, Study Finds Reducing pill burden improves quality of life... Read More
- 3/26/2015 3 Drinks Per Day May Raise Liver Cancer Risk, But Coffee Lowers It Expert panel looked at data on over 8 million people to come up with risk factors for the disease... Read More
- 3/26/2015 Midlife Fitness May Be a Real Cancer Fighter for Men Study shows lower risk of lung, colon tumors at 65 and older... Read More
- 3/24/2015 Angelina Jolie's Choice Not Uncommon for Women With Cancer Gene Disclosure that she had ovaries removed spotlights issues faced by women with BRCA mutations... Read More
- 3/23/2015 Health Tip: Cancer Treatment Makes Foodborne Illness a Bigger Concern Chemotherapy or radiation could compromise the immune system... Read More
- 3/23/2015 Vitamin D Supplements Might Slow Prostate Cancer, Study Suggests But it's too early to make blanket recommendation, expert says... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.