Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 10/8/2015 Colonoscopy Findings Fade Quickly From Memory Study found the more time between checks, the less likely patients remembered the results... Read More
- 10/8/2015 Surgery May Raise Survival With Advanced Melanoma: Study New analysis counters prior notion that tumor removal is useless in such cases, experts say... Read More
- 10/8/2015 Risk of Bladder Cancer Rising for Workers in Many Industries Odds for the disease are also climbing faster among women than men, research shows... Read More
- 10/8/2015 Elephants' Cancer-Crushing Secrets May Someday Help People Humans carry the same protective gene, but in a less aggressive form, study says... Read More
- 10/7/2015 Popular Antioxidant Seems to Spread Skin Cancer Cells in Mouse Research But link between N-acetylcysteine and melanoma progression needs more study... Read More
- 10/7/2015 Tanning Bed Use, Skin Cancer Rates High Among Gay Men: Study Experts note future prevention efforts need to target this group... Read More
- 10/6/2015 Ovarian Tissue Transplant Can Help Some Women Have Kids After Cancer Treatment Researchers in Denmark report a success rate of about 30 percent... Read More
- 10/6/2015 Early Detection Still Key to Breast Cancer Survival: Study Despite advances in treatment, finding smaller tumors linked to better results... Read More
- 10/6/2015 Less-Invasive Surgery May Not Be Best Option for Rectal Cancer Two studies found standard surgery was slightly more successful... Read More
- 10/6/2015 Young Cancer Survivors Often Develop New Malignancies Teens, young adults who received radiation treatment appear at higher risk, study says... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.