Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 12/19/2014 Lynparza Approved for Advanced Ovarian Cancer Associated with genetic defect... Read More
- 12/19/2014 Could Bacteria Play a Role in Colon Cancer? Bacterial 'bunches' were prevalent on colon polyps, cancers, study found... Read More
- 12/19/2014 FDA Approves First in New Class of Drugs for Advanced Ovarian Cancer Agency also gives OK to genetic test used to identify eligible patients... Read More
- 12/19/2014 Cancer Treatment Costs Weigh Heavily on Patients, Study Finds Researchers say half of people treated struggle to pay medical bills... Read More
- 12/18/2014 Common Painkillers May Help Prevent Certain Skin Cancers, Study Finds But medications such as ibuprofen pose their own risks, experts say... Read More
- 12/17/2014 Global Life Expectancy Continues to Climb Women have slightly greater gains than men, study finds... Read More
- 12/17/2014 Flying Time Could Raise Skin Cancer Risks for Pilots Study found a one-hour flight equaled the UV ray exposure of a 20-minute tanning bed session... Read More
- 12/12/2014 When the Cancer Patient Is a Pet You Love Risk of the disease rises with age, but there are many therapies that can help, expert says... Read More
- 12/12/2014 No Link Between Migraine, Breast Cancer Risk, Study Says Since both involve hormone levels, researchers suspected a possible connection... Read More
- 12/12/2014 Cyramza Approval Expanded to Include Non-Small Lung Cancer Drug blocks blood supply that fuels tumors... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.