Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 5/16/2013 Most Americans Say 'No' to Smoking in Their Homes, Cars 4 out of 5 adults have household bans, but millions of people still breathe secondhand smoke, CDC says... Read More
- 5/16/2013 Fitness in Middle Age May Help Shield Men From Cancer Later Study found even modest improvements seemed to lower disease risk... Read More
- 5/16/2013 New Drug May Help Immune System Fight Cancer Early study found tumor reduction in several forms of the disease... Read More
- 5/15/2013 Some Types of Skin Cancer Linked to Lower Chances of Alzheimer's A weak immune response might allow skin cancer but protect brain from inflammation, expert suggests... Read More
- 5/15/2013 Cancer Patients May Face Higher Bankruptcy Odds Washington state study found a nearly tripled risk, with younger adults most vulnerable... Read More
- 5/15/2013 Angelina Jolie Will Have Ovaries Removed to Lower Chances of Cancer: Report Actress has already had double mastectomy due to gene linked to high risk for breast, ovarian cancer... Read More
- 5/15/2013 FDA Approves New Drug to Fight Advanced Prostate Cancer Xofigo was fast-tracked for approval and is meant for tumors that have spread to the bones... Read More
- 5/14/2013 Metformin Won't Aid Breast Cancer Survival in Diabetics Study counters prior research suggesting the medicine might help cancer patients... Read More
- 5/14/2013 Hysterectomy May Not Raise Heart Risks After All: Study Finding might reassure women considering the procedure, researcher says... Read More
- 5/14/2013 No Drop in Teens' Use of 'Smokeless' Tobacco Lower taxes on products like chew, snuff may be a factor, study says... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.