Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 6/30/2015 Too Few Men With Low-Risk Prostate Cancers Get 'Watch and Wait' Approach Study finds 12 percent or fewer getting active surveillance... Read More
- 6/29/2015 Can Orange Juice, Grapefruit Raise Your Melanoma Risk? Study authors think compounds in citrus may sensitize skin to sunlight, but further study needed... Read More
- 6/24/2015 Blood, Saliva Tests May Spot Head and Neck Cancers Early Study shows potential for noninvasive tumor detection... Read More
- 6/24/2015 Blood Protein May Spot Pancreatic Cancer Early But more research is needed before test is used for monitoring or screening, researchers say... Read More
- 6/23/2015 Viagra, Other ED Meds Won't Raise Melanoma Risk Study did find slightly higher odds for the skin cancer in men on ED drugs, but lifestyles are probable culprit... Read More
- 6/23/2015 Lung Scans May Help Track Suspicious Masses, Study Says Annual screening could catch changes that signal beginnings of cancer... Read More
- 6/23/2015 Combination of 'Safe' Chemicals May Be Causing Some Cancers Scientists suspect low-dose effects have led to global epidemic... Read More
- 6/22/2015 HPV Vaccination Tied to Drop in Precancerous Cervical Lesions in U.S. But screening rules for women changed recently, so impact of the shots remains unclear, researchers say... Read More
- 6/18/2015 Many Parents Who Smoke Expose Kids to Fumes at Home 4 in every 10 U.S. households with a smoking parent had no 'smoke-free' rules in place, study finds... Read More
- 6/18/2015 Technology May Help Surgeons Tell Brain Cancer From Healthy Tissue Research shows promise; could be used in humans as soon as this summer, study author says... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.