Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 5/27/2016 NIH Experts Cast Doubt on Rat Study Linking Cellphones, Tumors Rodents exposed to phone radiation actually lived longer than unexposed animals, reviewers point out... Read More
- 5/27/2016 Make That Memorial Day BBQ Tasty -- and Safe Cooking meat at high temperatures can release harmful chemicals, but a few precautions help, nutritionist says... Read More
- 5/27/2016 6 Sun Safety Tips for 'Don't Fry Day' National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention reminds you to avoid unprotected sun exposure... Read More
- 5/26/2016 Healthy Living May Offset Genetic Breast Cancer Risk Lifestyle may matter even more when your DNA is working against you, research shows... Read More
- 5/26/2016 Global Recession May Have Contributed to Cancer Deaths Health-care cuts, unemployment linked to more than 260,000 additional deaths, study finds... Read More
- 5/25/2016 Researchers Find 8 Immune Genes in Aggressive Brain Cancer Discovery might eventually lead to better treatment for glioblastoma multiforme... Read More
- 5/25/2016 Common Abnormal Heart Rhythm Linked to Cancer Risk But study only found an association and doesn't prove that atrial fibrillation causes cancer... Read More
- 5/24/2016 Most Americans Wouldn't Join a Clinical Trial, Survey Finds Only 40 percent had favorable view of these studies, but number rose when they received more info... Read More
- 5/24/2016 Colon Cancer Rising in People Under 50 Incidence up more than 10 percent in 10 years among Americans, study finds... Read More
- 5/24/2016 Time to Drop the 'No-Eating Rule' Before Colonoscopy? Consuming limited amount of low-fiber food day before didn't disrupt procedure, study finds... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.