Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 10/20/2014 Herceptin Boosts Survival for Breast Cancer, Study Reports Taking drug in addition to chemotherapy also reduces risk of cancer recurrence... Read More
- 10/16/2014 Healthy Lifestyle May Boost Breast Cancer Survival Proper diet, exercise, weight control among factors that may help, experts say... Read More
- 10/15/2014 Immune Therapy Induces Remission for Many With a Tough-to-Treat Blood Cancer But, some advanced acute lymphoblastic leukemia patients relapsed, study finds... Read More
- 10/15/2014 Medicare Subsidy Helps Breast Cancer Patients Afford Treatment 'Extra Help' program leads to more women on hormone therapy, study reports... Read More
- 10/15/2014 Parenthood May Push Cancer Patients to Seek More Treatment They may choose aggressive therapy in attempt to have more time with children, study finds... Read More
- 10/14/2014 Nearly 1 in 20 Cancer Patients Die Within Month of Surgery: Study Lack of access to quality care a major factor in these deaths, researchers say... Read More
- 10/14/2014 Allergy to Some Metal Implants Linked to Rare Skin Cancer, Study Says Researchers say testing patients for adverse reaction may be needed... Read More
- 10/13/2014 Smoking-Related Illnesses in U.S. Total 14 Million, Report Finds Many Americans suffer from multiple conditions related to cigarettes... Read More
- 10/13/2014 Anesthetic During Breast-Removal Surgery May Reduce Long-Term Pain Mastectomy patients benefit from lidocaine, study says... Read More
- 10/10/2014 Akynzeo Approved for Side Effects of Chemotherapy Drug helps ease nausea, vomiting... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.