Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 12/9/2013 Health Tip: Caring for Someone With Cancer Suggestions for managing medications... Read More
- 12/8/2013 Gene Therapy Shows Promise Against Leukemia, Other Blood Cancers In many patients in early trials, turning T-cells into cancer fighters sent disease into remission... Read More
- 12/8/2013 Type 2 Diabetes Might Raise Risk of Liver Cancer But odds for malignancy are low; study found stronger connection for some minorities... Read More
- 12/8/2013 Money Problems Can Compromise Breast Cancer Care Study found gaps in health insurance, lower income and debt reduced chances of recommended therapy... Read More
- 12/7/2013 Many Young Americans Know Little About Cervical Cancer Vaccine And only 1 in 4 talks with a health-care provider about the HPV shot, cancer society survey finds... Read More
- 12/6/2013 Germs That Inhabit Gut May Affect Colon Cancer Risk Some digestive bacteria might help prevent disease, while other types could be harmful, study suggests... Read More
- 12/6/2013 Obesity, Smoking Might Threaten Implants After Mastectomy Doctors should counsel patients about the risks, researcher says... Read More
- 12/6/2013 Some Diabetes Drugs May Affect Cancer Risk in Women: Study 'Insulin sensitizers' tied to lower odds of developing cancer when compared to other type of medication... Read More
- 12/6/2013 Men Who Smoke After Cancer Diagnosis Face Higher Death Risk Health-care providers should do more to help survivors quit, study says... Read More
- 12/5/2013 Vitamin D Supplements Won't Help Prevent Disease: Review Low levels of 'sunshine vitamin' could be a sign of illness, rather than a cause, studies suggest... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.