Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 6/27/2016 Type of Disease May Dictate End-of-Life Care Cancer and dementia patients get more access to palliative care, VA study finds... Read More
- 6/24/2016 Five New Genes Linked to Colon Cancer But researchers say it's likely that all the major genetic mutations have been discovered... Read More
- 6/24/2016 Smoking May Hinder Common Breast Cancer Treatment Cigarettes and drugs called aromatase inhibitors appear to be a bad mix, researchers say... Read More
- 6/23/2016 Healthy Living Slashes Cancer Risk The 'good' life cuts tumor odds up to 45 percent and risk of cancer death up to 61 percent, study finds... Read More
- 6/23/2016 Scans May Spare Some Hodgkin Lymphoma Patients From Chemo Test finds those who might respond well, may spare others treatment side effects... Read More
- 6/22/2016 Patient Positioning Might Hamper Accuracy of Breast MRI The scans are used to plan surgeries, but face-down position might introduce error, small study suggests... Read More
- 6/22/2016 A Little Guidance Is Key to Getting That Cancer Screen Study shows how one hospital's 'patient navigators' boosted testing rates... Read More
- 6/21/2016 Long Work Hours May Hurt Your Health At the job more than 60 hours a week had most damaging effects on women's well-being, study finds... Read More
- 6/21/2016 Do Too Many Lung Cancer Patients Miss Out on Surgery? Study evaluates treatment outcomes for late-stage disease... Read More
- 6/16/2016 Middle-Aged More Often Diagnosed With Late-Stage Lung Cancer British study highlights the need for better early detection, researchers say... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.