Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 7/29/2016 Archeological Finds Push First Known Cancer Back 2 Million Years Discoveries challenge belief that it is a modern-day disease... Read More
- 7/29/2016 Health Tip: If You Have a Lot of Moles Check your skin often... Read More
- 7/29/2016 New Guidelines Issued for Cancer Patients' Post-Treatment Pain Specialists urge doctors to offer alternative therapies for this widespread problem... Read More
- 7/28/2016 'Active Surveillance' of Prostate Cancer Doesn't Dampen Quality of Life Choosing no treatment and regular check-ups didn't seem to stress men with low-risk disease, study found... Read More
- 7/28/2016 'Ppl, I Have Breast Cancer' Many women found online support after their diagnosis, researchers find... Read More
- 7/28/2016 Alcohol, Obesity Could Raise Esophageal Cancer Risk A third of cases would vanish if people stayed trim and didn't drink, cancer experts say... Read More
- 7/26/2016 Some Brain Cancer Patients Have Radiation Options: Study Targeted approach appears to preserve mental functioning... Read More
- 7/26/2016 U.S. Panel Says Evidence 'Insufficient' to Recommend Skin Cancer Screenings But dermatology experts disagree and worry opportunities to save lives will be missed... Read More
- 7/25/2016 Delirium Common in Cancer Patients Seen in ER But serious confusion missed in about 40 percent, study found... Read More
- 7/21/2016 Omega-3s in Fish Tied to Better Colon Cancer Outcomes Study couldn't prove cause-and-effect, however, so experts believe more data is needed... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.