Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 7/10/2014 Study Links Vasectomy to Aggressive Prostate Cancer But the finding doesn't prove cause-and-effect; urologists call for more research... Read More
- 7/9/2014 Breast Cancer Drug Aromasin May Be Option for Some Premenopausal Women It produced lower 5-year recurrence rates compared to tamoxifen, but didn't boost overall survival, study finds... Read More
- 7/8/2014 Cervical Cancer Vaccine Doesn't Boost Clot Risk: Study Analysis included more than 500,000 women from Denmark... Read More
- 7/7/2014 Men Develop Breast Cancer, Too But little research is done on male treatments, expert says... Read More
- 7/7/2014 Possible Advance for Some Late-Stage Lung Cancer Patients Surgical biopsy could pave way for targeted treatments, study says... Read More
- 7/4/2014 Cholesterol Levels May Be Linked to Breast Cancer Risk But research is still preliminary, experts say... Read More
- 7/3/2014 Grill Safely This Holiday Weekend Expert offers tips on avoiding food poisoning and reducing cancer risk from barbecued meat... Read More
- 7/2/2014 'Generally Reassuring' Findings on Fertility Drugs, Women's Cancers But researchers still urge long-term monitoring... Read More
- 7/1/2014 Mammography Costs Soar for Seniors, But Detection Rates the Same: Study Research hasn't shown expensive technologies benefit women over 65, researcher says... Read More
- 7/1/2014 Liver Cancer Drug Fails to Live Up to Early Promise Everolimus didn't improve survival for people with advanced liver disease, study finds... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.