Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 12/3/2016 Worldwide Cancer Rates Up More Than One-Third in Past Decade: Report Researchers cite population aging and growth... Read More
- 12/2/2016 Drug Combo Shows Promise Against Some Soft Tissue Tumors Adding new drug to standard one helped control sarcomas in early trial on 2 patients... Read More
- 12/1/2016 After Cancer, Higher Risk of Severe Heart Attack Cardiologists, oncologists must work together, researcher says... Read More
- 12/1/2016 Could White Wine Boost Your Melanoma Risk? Large study ties a daily glass to a slightly elevated rate of the deadly skin cancer... Read More
- 12/1/2016 'Magic Mushroom' Chemical Eases Cancer Patients' Despair Hallucinogenic drug psilocybin relieved depression, anxiety quickly and lasted for months, studies found... Read More
- 11/30/2016 Wider Low-Dose Aspirin Use Would Save U.S. $692 Billion: Study Many patients who should take it don't, researchers say... Read More
- 11/30/2016 Kidney Cancer Drug Shows Promise in Early Trial 93 percent had tumor growth controlled for median of more than 8 months, researchers report... Read More
- 11/29/2016 Cancer Advances Demand Continual Funding, Specialists Say Conference organizers call for worldwide research partnerships... Read More
- 11/28/2016 Never Too Old for a Mammogram? Researchers find benefits for some women up to the age of 90... Read More
- 11/25/2016 8 of 10 Texas Salons Heed Ban on Indoor Tanning for Minors But survey finds most tell older customers they can tan every day, counter to FDA-suggested limits... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.