Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 1/20/2017 Many With Advanced Lung Cancer Don't Get Treatments That Might Help Study found 21 percent went without therapy, even though it could boost their survival... Read More
- 1/19/2017 Skin Cancer Cream Linked to 5 Dog Deaths: FDA Even ingesting small amounts of fluorouracil can kill family pets, agency warns... Read More
- 1/19/2017 Nearly Half of U.S. Men Infected With HPV, Study Finds Although a vaccine is available, too few are getting it when young... Read More
- 1/18/2017 Know the Risks, Warning Signs of Ovarian Cancer Older age, family history raise the odds for this potentially deadly disease... Read More
- 1/18/2017 Men: Here Are Ways to Healthier, Younger-Looking Skin Avoiding the sun and choosing products best suited to your skin type are key, dermatologist advises... Read More
- 1/18/2017 Could Grilled, Smoked Meats Lower Survival After Breast Cancer? Study can't prove cause and effect, but raises questions about beef, pork, lamb cooked at high temps... Read More
- 1/17/2017 Even a Little Daily Activity May Boost Colon Cancer Survival: Study Walking or gardening 30 minutes daily was linked to better prospects for advanced-stage disease... Read More
- 1/13/2017 Many College Women Ignore Indoor Tanning's Risks 7 out of 10 surveyed overlook connection to skin cancer... Read More
- 1/11/2017 'Chemo Brain' Lasts for Months in Many Breast Cancer Survivors Altered thinking must be acknowledged as 'one of the difficulties of treatment,' specialist says... Read More
- 1/9/2017 Study Casts More Doubt on Value of Mammograms 1 in 3 women diagnosed with breast cancer had nonthreatening tumors, while number of advanced cases didn't change... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.