Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 9/25/2016 More Hispanics Treated at Breast Cancer Center After Obamacare Enrollment in clinical trials also increased, study finds... Read More
- 9/23/2016 'Medical Tattoos' Help Hide Surgical Scars Pigments can restore more natural appearance that patients are happy with, study finds... Read More
- 9/22/2016 Tamoxifen OK for Breast Cancer Patients Without Uterine Abnormalities: Study Pretreatment ultrasounds may reassure women about their uterine cancer risk, researchers say... Read More
- 9/22/2016 Software Speeds Up Analysis of Breast Cancer Risk: Study Doctors were 30 times slower reading mammograms, researchers report... Read More
- 9/21/2016 Experimental Immune Cell Rx Shows Promise for Leukemia In preliminary trial, 4 out of 9 people with acute myeloid leukemia had complete remission... Read More
- 9/21/2016 Organ Transplants Linked to Higher Skin Cancer Risk Experts say all recipients should have full-body skin evaluations after transplant surgery... Read More
- 9/21/2016 More Breast Cancer Patients Should Get Radiation, New Guidelines Say Mastectomy patients with small tumors, fewer lymph nodes involved, benefit from the therapy, cancer experts agree... Read More
- 9/20/2016 More Cancer Patients Gaining From Immune-Based Treatments These therapies help arm the body to fight off malignancy, new report explains... Read More
- 9/20/2016 Obamacare Tied to Rise in Mammograms Research shows small uptick in Medicare patients who got screened for breast cancer... Read More
- 9/20/2016 Even at Cancer Centers, Finding Relief for Pain Can Be Tough 'Mystery shopper' study shows staff at 1 in 10 facilities gave people misinformation on palliative care services... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.