Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 3/1/2017 Colon Cancer Rates, Deaths Drop in Americans Over 50 Report suggests higher screening rates explain the positive trend... Read More
- 3/1/2017 Another Study Ties Obesity to Certain Cancers Digestive organs may be hardest hit by too much weight, study suggests... Read More
- 2/28/2017 Indoor Tanning: A Big Financial Hit to U.S. Health Care Skin cancers from UV light in devices totalled $343 million in 2015 alone, researchers say... Read More
- 2/28/2017 Gene Therapy Shows Promise for Aggressive Lymphoma Over one-third of patients appeared disease-free 6 months after single treatment, report says... Read More
- 2/28/2017 Childhood Cancer Survivors Living Longer Decline parallels reduced use of radiation, at lower doses, researchers say... Read More
- 2/28/2017 Colon Cancer on the Rise Among Gen Xers, Millennials And an old adversary -- the obesity epidemic -- may be the cause, U.S. researchers say... Read More
- 2/28/2017 Diagnostic Mammograms Find More Cancers, and More False-Positives Digital technology leads to 'marked improvement' in detection rates, radiology expert says... Read More
- 2/27/2017 Nasal Swab Shows Promise in Confirming Lung Cancers Simple technique is based on cancer DNA and seems accurate for use after chest CT scan, researchers say... Read More
- 2/24/2017 Prison Time Can Be Deadly … to Health Inmates at elevated risk of developing cancer, dying from their disease, study finds... Read More
- 2/23/2017 10 Daily Servings of Fruits, Veggies a Recipe for Longevity Reductions seen in risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer and early death... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.