Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 10/29/2014 Many U.S. Colleges Have Indoor Tanning Salons On, Near Campus: Study Universities should ban them because of skin cancer risk, researchers say... Read More
- 10/29/2014 Scientists Create Tiny Stomachs From Stem Cells Feat may help researchers learn more about causes of stomach diseases... Read More
- 10/29/2014 Hormone Therapy May Up Heart-Related Deaths in Some Prostate Cancer Patients But the overall risk is small, researchers say... Read More
- 10/29/2014 Can Lots of Sex Protect the Prostate? Men who sleep with plenty of women less likely to develop cancer in the gland, study suggests... Read More
- 10/29/2014 Is Milk Your Friend or Foe? Instead of reduction in fractures, study suggests higher risk of heart disease, cancer... Read More
- 10/28/2014 Playing the Field May Lower Prostate Cancer Risk: Study Finding only held true when men's sex partners were female, not male, researchers say... Read More
- 10/28/2014 After Breast Cancer, Depression Risk Lingers Study finds survivors more likely to need hospital care, antidepressants to cope than cancer-free women... Read More
- 10/27/2014 Obese Children With Leukemia Fared Worse in Study Excess weight linked to doubled risk of leftover cancer cells after chemotherapy... Read More
- 10/27/2014 'Prehabilitation' Before Colon Cancer Surgery May Aid Recovery Study finds pre-op exercise, diet and relaxation program helps after procedure... Read More
- 10/24/2014 Knowing Genetic Risk for Cancer May Not Change Behavior Study found those who knew they had greater chance of getting colon cancer no more likely to be screened... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.