Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 1/31/2015 Bacteria May Help Battle Cancer, Study Suggests Weakened germ injected into tumor killed malignant cells, researchers report... Read More
- 1/30/2015 Researchers Learning More About Deadly Pancreatic Cancer FDA hopes targeted drug research will lead to 'big break'... Read More
- 1/30/2015 Breast Reconstruction Complications Similar for Older, Younger Women But risk of blood clots higher with use of seniors' own tissue instead of implants... Read More
- 1/30/2015 Obama to Announce Major Personalized Medicine Initiative He will ask Congress for $215 million to compile genetic data of 1 million Americans for scientific study... Read More
- 1/30/2015 Colon Cancer Rates Rising Among Americans Under 50 Still, only 10 percent of cases occur in younger group, study finds... Read More
- 1/29/2015 Diabetes Patients Lax With Meds If Diagnosed With Cancer, Study Finds Effect was more pronounced if cancer had a grim prognosis... Read More
- 1/28/2015 It Pays for Moms-to-Be to Stop Smoking More than twice as many quit when offered financial incentives, study says... Read More
- 1/27/2015 Soda Habit May Prompt Early Puberty in Girls, Study Suggests Early menstruation a risk factor for depression and breast cancer, researchers say... Read More
- 1/27/2015 MRI Improves Prostate Cancer Biopsy Accuracy, Study Finds New technology spots more aggressive cancer, but fewer low-risk cases... Read More
- 1/27/2015 Prostate Cancer Patients Who Smoke Fare Worse, Study Finds They were twice as likely to see disease spread, die from illness... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.