Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 8/26/2016 Hopes Dashed for Rare Bone Cancer Treatment Extra chemo drugs failed to change course of osteosarcoma, researchers say... Read More
- 8/24/2016 Excess Weight Tied to Higher Risk for Many Cancers, Experts Say International committee finds thinner folks less likely to develop variety of malignancies... Read More
- 8/24/2016 Cancer on Course to Become Top Killer of Americans Report shows it will probably eclipse heart disease as leading cause of death in coming years... Read More
- 8/19/2016 Survey Finds Support for Limits on Indoor Tanning But young women in Washington, D.C., who use tanning salons oppose a total ban... Read More
- 8/18/2016 Early Prostate Cancer Diagnoses Continue to Fall in U.S.: Study Decline follows recommendation against routine screening, but experts not sure if trend is good or bad... Read More
- 8/18/2016 Two Genes Might Help Predict Breast Cancer Survival Research suggests that tracking DNA activity patterns may someday help women with certain tumor types... Read More
- 8/16/2016 Women's Cancer Risk Rises With Years Spent Overweight Study found odds for 4 types rose 10 percent for every decade of obesity... Read More
- 8/15/2016 New Guidelines Set Safe Surgery Margins for Some Breast Cancers 2 millimeters is enough to guard against recurrences while reducing need for additional surgeries... Read More
- 8/1/2016 Ban on Indoor Tanning by Minors Not Working: Study Tanning salon use showed little change after 2013 ban, and rose among N.J. high school boys... Read More
- 8/15/2016 Cancer Now Leading Killer in 12 European Nations Gains against heart disease and stroke, especially in Western Europe, likely behind the shift... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.