Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 7/28/2014 Healthy Habits May Help Childhood Cancer Survivors Avoid Chronic Ills Lifestyle choices influence long-term outcomes, researcher says... Read More
- 7/25/2014 Lymphoma Treatment May Harm, Halt Men's Sperm Production But most men regain their fertility within two years of final treatment, researchers add... Read More
- 7/25/2014 Anal, Throat Cancers on the Rise Among Young Adults, Study Finds HPV is the main culprit, but vaccination can reduce the risk, experts say... Read More
- 7/24/2014 Too Few Teens Receive HPV Shot, CDC Says Agency urges doctors to recommend it along with other routine immunizations... Read More
- 7/23/2014 Good Odds for Those Who Need Bone Marrow Donor, Study Finds Most blood cancer patients will find an acceptable match through bone marrow registry... Read More
- 7/23/2014 Painful, Itchy Patches Could Be Sign of Skin Cancer But it's likely to be the non-melanoma type, dermatologist says... Read More
- 7/22/2014 Technique Used in Some Hysterectomies May Help Spread Cancer: Study Cutting uterus into smaller fragments for minimally invasive removal can disperse undetected malignancy... Read More
- 7/18/2014 HPV Test Beats Pap Smear in Gauging Cervical Cancer Risk, Study Finds Study of over 1 million women suggests it could be stand-alone screening method... Read More
- 7/18/2014 Can Bike Riding Up Prostate Cancer Risk? Experts note study findings aren't definitive, and risk is minimal... Read More
- 7/16/2014 Removing Healthy Breast of Little Benefit to Breast Cancer Patients: Study Women choosing the procedure gained just one to seven extra months of life over 20 years, researchers say... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.