Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 9/2/2014 Complication Rates Low With Mastectomy, Breast Reconstruction: Study But there was slightly higher risk of complications with double mastectomy, researchers added... Read More
- 9/2/2014 Double Mastectomy Doesn't Improve Survival, Study Finds But many more women in U.S. are choosing the radical procedure... Read More
- 9/2/2014 New Guidelines for Treating Form of Advanced Breast Cancer Four-fifths of advanced cases are HER2-negative tumors, doctors' group says... Read More
- 8/29/2014 Faced With Prostate Cancer, It Helps to Know the Enemy Men with little knowledge of the disease have trouble deciding on treatment, study finds... Read More
- 8/27/2014 Polyp Removal Doesn't Always Signal Raised Colon Cancer Risk, Study Says Findings suggest doctors may repeat colonoscopies unnecessarily... Read More
- 8/27/2014 Light Therapy a Good Option for Pre-Cancerous Skin Lesions, Study Says But it's more painful, time consuming than common treatment, dermatologist notes... Read More
- 8/25/2014 Hospital Admission Day Tied to Outcomes for Children With Leukemia Those admitted on weekend after first diagnosis have more complications, study finds... Read More
- 8/21/2014 Fewer U.S. Teens Using Sunscreen, Study Finds Warnings about sun exposure and skin cancer aren't getting through, experts say... Read More
- 8/20/2014 Many Women Who Have Mastectomy Don't Get Breast Reconstruction: Study Most were satisfied with their decision, researchers noted... Read More
- 8/20/2014 High-Risk Melanomas Often on Head or Neck, Study Finds Rate of cell growth may be a key to diagnosis and treatment, an expert says... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.