Cancer Care Services
Our community needs top quality cancer care. At the SOMC Cancer Center, we provide that care with a state-of-the-art cancer center, the latest in cancer-fighting technology and procedures, experienced staff and board-certified doctors. We’re saving lives with increasing capabilities, education about prevention, and screenings to help us detect cancer earlier.
Cancer In the News
- 2/23/2017 10 Daily Servings of Fruits, Veggies a Recipe for Longevity Reductions seen in risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer and early death... Read More
- 2/22/2017 Health Tip: Get Your Mouth Healthy Before Cancer Treatment Here's what you can do... Read More
- 2/21/2017 Many Younger Cancer Survivors Can't Afford Their Meds Skipping doses or drugs altogether can be dangerous, U.S. researchers warn... Read More
- 2/21/2017 Exercise a Powerful Ally for Breast Cancer Survivors Those who worked out were about 40 percent less likely to die from disease, review suggests... Read More
- 2/21/2017 Cancer Isn't 'One Size Fits All' for Hispanics Study shows wide variance in how different ethnic groups are affected... Read More
- 2/20/2017 Self-Checks Help Spot Melanoma's Return Patient-detected symptoms were most common way of detecting return of deadly skin cancer, study finds... Read More
- 2/17/2017 Low-Fat Meal May Boost Costly Cancer Drug But patients shouldn't try this on their own, researcher warns... Read More
- 2/14/2017 'Cooling Caps' May Halt Chemo-Linked Hair Loss One of two trials was stopped early because results were so strong... Read More
- 2/10/2017 Cancer Survivors Gain From Web-Based Health Care But some patients reported missing face-to-face contact, study found... Read More
- 2/9/2017 Many Women Skip Mammograms After False-Positive Result But imaging experts stress that doing so may raise risk for actual breast cancer... Read More
The Mark of Quality
We are the first cancer facility in the region to achieve the prestigious ACR accreditation in radiation oncology. We have also been granted the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS) approval with commendation in seven areas. This three-year accreditation is the highest level of recognition offered by the commission.
As part of Southern Ohio Medical Center, we also participate in The Joint Commission surveys and have received full accreditation.
Introducing Clinical Trails
SOMC is now introducing new clinical research supported by The National Cancer Institute.