Phone: (740) 356-7595
Fax: (740) 356-7488
SOMC Cancer Center
1121 Kinney’s Lane
A financial counselor:
- Provides educational information and support to patients/families who may be concerned about their financial situation.
- Identifies self-pay patients and assists the patient and their family through the Medicaid/Disability process and/or assists them with finding a program that meets their needs for medical coverage.
- Identifies patients that may have coverage but are having trouble making their co-payments and assisting them with the correct programs and applications to possibly help with these co-payments and sometimes eliminate the co-payment completely.
- Works with pharmaceutical companies to help lower your cost for medications and sometimes even receive them for free.
- Works with the Eligibility Assistance Program (EAP), and if the patient meets the guidelines then they may be eligible for assistance with certain medical bills.
- Works closely with American Cancer Society so we can maximize the resources available to the patient.
- Provides access to programs that can potentially help you with:
- Health care coverage
- Affordable medications
- Co-payment assistance
- Gas vouchers or transportation
- Food assistance