Breast Health Navigator
Phone: (740) 356-PINK (7465)
Fax: (740) 356-7488
SOMC Cancer Center
1121 Kinney’s Lane
Portsmouth, OH 45662
Southern Ohio Medical Center, in coordination with Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Columbus Affiliate, provides a breast health navigator for SOMC.
Her name is Kimberlee Richendollar, RN, BSN, and she can be reached at 356-7465 (PINK)
The role of the breast health navigator is:
- A nurse who is proficiently knowledgeable about breast diseases.
- A provider of educational information and support to women concerned about their breast health.
- An educational and emotional consultant for women with benign breast diseases.
- A supporter of the breast cancer patient and her family in understanding and coping with the strong emotions that accompany a breast cancer diagnosis.
- A facilitator of physicians’ recommendations for patient care to help ensure patient compliance and understanding.
- A nurse educator that provides the facts – not opinions for treatment advice. Providing opinions is the role of the physician.
- A triage manager in assessing patient’s educational and social needs and appropriately referring to the proper source of help.
- A public advocate for the needs of breast cancer patients and their families.
- A supplier of current educational information to physicians, nurses and patients.