SOMC Healthy Partner Program
SOMC’s employee wellness program is called the Healthy Partners program. The name represents the partnership focused on health between SOMC, our employees, our physicians, and our community. SOMC has had a wellness program since 1994. The original program was participation based. The program changed to a results based program in October 2011. The first results will be measured in October 2012. The wellness program is voluntary.
The structure of the program focuses on eating healthy, increasing activity, not using tobacco, use of preventative measures, managing chronic conditions, and managing emotional health. SOMC has a dedicated Wellness Specialist to help manage the employee’s needs regarding any of the above mentioned processes. SOMC has made a commitment to the management of chronic conditions by offering counseling through our third party administrator (TPA) and/or Wellness Specialist.
The elements of the program consist of:
- Completing a HRA (Health Risk Assessment)
- Lab testing – Hemoglobin A1C, Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, LDL, Nicotine testing
- Biometrics – blood pressure, body fat %, BMI, weight, height, hip and waist measurements
A lump sum bonus is earned for meeting the target goals for the following six indicators:
- BMI – 18.0-24.9
- Tobacco free
- Documented activity* of 150 minutes or more a week
- Blood pressure 120/80 or lower
- A1C 5.6 or lower
- SparkPeople** points of 15000 or more/year
*Employees can earn a LIFE Center (gym) membership for documented activity minutes.
**SparkPeople is a free web-based health program http://www.sparkpeople.com
Health Risk Assessment
Click here for your Health Risk Assessment Instructions.