What to do
- Register Now! Complete the registration blank and send it in today. You will then be sent an envelope for collecting your pledges. Extra forms can be picked up at the SOMC Hospice (East Campus). Early registration is encouraged, but hikers can also register the day of the hike. You can also register online by clicking here.
- Raise Pledges! Set a fund raising goal for yourself and enlist friends, family and co-workers in helping you to achieve it. Sponsors can pledge per kilometer or give an outright donation. Plan to turn in your donations on the day of the hike.
- Check In! Check-in begins at 8:30am. Bring your pledge total with you. You must check in even if you have pre-registered for the hike. The walk will proceed rain or shine.
- Enjoy the Hike! This "Fun Walk" is designed for your enjoyment whether you are a leisure stroller, exercise pacer or race walker. Participate with family, friends and co-workers by being fit, enjoying the route and supporting Hospice care in our community.
- Win Prizes! Crossing the finish line makes you eligible for a variety of awards made possible by our local sponsors, but those supporting by attendance and collecting pledges will also qualify for a category of prizes. All awards will be given at the conclusion of the hike. So if you're unable to join in the walk, find yourself some friends to talk with and enjoy the entertainment while waiting for all the hikers to return.
- All pledges due day of hike.
Available to Hikers
- Rest stops along the way - Remember to take your time and enjoy yourself
- Any necessary first aid
- Eligibility for prizes to be awarded
- Shirts for purchase: $15 each
- Free lunch provided by SUBWAY, Life Medical Response and other community sponsors
- Our appreciation for your special way of caring for those in our community who are faced with crisis of terminal illness
Friends, family and co-workers make great challenge teammates. Pick a captain and a team name and write both names on the registration form. A team must have at least three members to qualify as a team. Teams should choose a captain and a team name. When we receive your registration, we will provide your team with the materials necessary to complete in the team categories. All team captains are responsible for registering team members. Those competing on a team are not eligible for individual awards.
Teams may display their spirit by creating team banners, pennants, shirts or anything that promotes their team.
Get your friends, family or co-workers together to challenge others to participate.
For more information, call