In 2014, there will be a new way for local runners to compete: the 5k Race Cup Series.
Several local organizations are partnering to start the 2014 5k Race Cup Series, which combines the results of six local 5ks to crown male and female grand prize winners.
The way it works is that, after each race in the series, the top 10 males and the top 10 females will be rewarded points – 100 for first place, 90 for second, 80 for third and so on. At the end of the series, each participant’s points will be totaled and the top male and female will each be awarded a grand prize.
The 5k Race Cup Series schedule includes a total of six races, scheduled as follows:
- March 15 – CAO Shamrock Shuffle
- April 16 – SSU Spring Bear Run
- August 30 – SOMC Run For Your LIFE
- September 17 – SSU Fall Bear Run
- October 4 – Counseling Center Natural High
- December 6 – Red Cross Jingle Bell Jog
It is not necessary to participate in every race to be eligible for the cash prize. For more information on this upcoming event, contact the SOMC LIFE Center at 740-356-7650.