Are you still looking for the perfect gift for that active person on your shopping list? Here are ten ideas that you may want to keep for yourself:
1.Trekking poles – Shawnee State Park is a great location for hiking and walking all year long. A pair of trekking poles will help make those steep hills a little less treacherous and give the hiker a better sense of balance.
2. Bicycle – More and more of us are rediscovering the joy of pedaling just for fun as well as exercise. Portsmouth Connex continues to work hard to establish riding lanes and paths in Scioto County to make those rides safer and more enjoyable. Before you buy a bike, do your research and ask a biking friend for some guidance on what to purchase.
3. Disc golf equipment – SOMC’s Disc Golf Course at Earl Thomas Conley Park in West Portsmouth is a great place to try out this fun and challenging sport. You can find the discs at most big box and sporting goods stores.
4. LIFE Center membership – A truly one-size-fits-all gift, a membership opens up opportunities for fitness classes, swimming, special events, and great equipment at all three locations.
5. Moisture-wicking workout gear – Clothing for workouts can enhance or hamper the exercising experience. Finding apparel made of fabric that wicks away moisture makes for a much more comfortable run or conditioning session. Look for shirts, shorts/ leggings, sports bras, and especially socks.
6. Yoga mat – Many prefer to bring their own mats for yoga and other group fitness classes. There are now styles available that actually repel sweat and water.
7. Personal trainer sessions – Many of us say, “If I only had a trainer to motivate me…” The SOMC LIFE Center has several professional trainers available to help motivate and focus a fitness session, and a gift certificate for a few sessions may be just right. For something a little different, check out the Back 2 Basics program.
8. Post-workout massage – Stop by the SOMC LIFE Center to purchase a gift certificate for one or more massage sessions with a professional massage therapist.
9. Horse riding gift certificate – There are several farms and locations in and around Scioto County that offer horse riding for both experienced and novice riders. Contact them to purchase an hour or more for a fun way to enjoy the outdoors.
10. Your time – Often the most difficult part of staying fit and active is going it alone. Why not give a commitment of your time to be a walking or running buddy, a tennis partner, or fitness class friend?
Still thinking? Stop in at the Portsmouth LIFE Center and check out some of the great merchandise they have for sale.