Childbirth Education Series
Cost: $40 (subject to change)
We offer one Saturday class every month. 9:00am - 4:30 pm.
Class size limited - early registration recommended.
This comprehensive course starts with pregnancy and continues through the post-partum period. Topics include:
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and labor
- Relief of common complaints
- Signs and symptoms to be reported
- When to go to hospital
- What to take to hospital
- Stages of Labor
- Coping Skills for each Stage
- Massage and a variety of relaxation techniques for each stage of labor
- Making informed decisions
- Medications for labor, vaginal and cesarean delivery
- How a Support Person Helps
- Tour of Maternity Unit
- Birth Video
Participants will tour our labor/delivery/recovery/post-partum (LDRP) unit. Course concludes with Feed Me; I'm Yours and Caring for You and Your New Baby.
For more information, call