CSF Fluid Flow - Cisternography
- Differential diagnosis and localization of CSF leaks.
- Evaluation of patients suspected of having communicating hydrocephalus.
- Evaluation of functional status of ventricular shunts.
500 microcuries In-111-DTPA injected into the lumbar subarachnoid space per Radiologist under fluoroscopic guidance.ly
- If time permits, patient should be NPO prior to the examination.
- Informed consent prior to Lumbar Puncture.
- Risk and benefits of Lumbar Puncture discussed by Radiologist prior to puncture.
- Radiation involved discussed by Radiologist prior to puncture
- Make standard preparation, sterile technique and Radiologist will perform lumbar puncture.
- Injection of 500 microcuries In-111-DTPA
- At 4 to 6 hours and 24, 48 hour obtain anterior, posterior, both laterals, and Vertex view of the head .72 hour if requested per Radiologist.
For a consultation, please call
The staff of nuclear medicine is available for consultation from 6:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.