Liver and Spleen Scan
- Evaluation of organ shape, size, and position.
- Detection and localization of focal lesions such as primary and metastatic malignancy, abscesses, and cyst
- Evaluation of diffuse hepatic disease such as hepatitis or cirrhosis.
- Evaluation of abnormal masses and to outline the organ margins in studying extrahepatic disease such as subphrenic abscess and retroperitoneal abscess.
- 8 mCi Tc 99m sulfur colloid IV.
- Patient's abdomen must be free of barium.
- Intravenously inject radiopharmaceutical and begin scanning 10 minutes post injection.
For a consultation, please call
The staff of nuclear medicine is available for consultation from 6:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.