- Lymphatic mapping of breast cancer to identify the sentinel node in the axilla
- Identify sentinel node
- Lymphatic mapping
- Selective Lymphadectomy
- 99mTc Sulfur Colloid
- Filtered with 0.2 micron
- 450 uCi / sq. volume 0.9 ml
- 2% Lidocaine (4 TB syringes – total volume each 0.9 ml)
- Breast Tissue
- Patient will be injected in a Same Day Surgery room 2 hours before surgery. The physician who is an authorized user or who is under the supervision of an authorized user on Southern Ohio Medical Center radioactive materials license will inject the tumor site. Routinely, the breast tissue will be injected using palpation technique.
- BRoutinely, imaging will not be performed
For a consultation, please call
The staff of nuclear medicine is available for consultation from 6:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.