First Pass With Muga
- This noninvasive procedure permits the evaluation of cardiac function in every type of cardiac disease and the results of barium therapeutic interventions may be assessed.
- 25 mCi Tc99m red blood cells tagged in-vivo
- Consideration should be given to discontinuing medications such as propranolol 48 hours, nitroglycerin 2 hours, and digoxin 7 days, which may affect ventricular performance and therefore potentially mask abnormalities when clinically not contraindicated.
- Atrial fibrillation
- Intravenously inject the patient with appropriate amount of cold pyrophosphate.
- Attach 3 lead ECG gate electrodes to patient.
- Position patient supine underneath gamma camera
- Attach 3-way stopcock with 25 mCi TC04, 10-20cc normal saline flush, and 19-gauge butterfly infusion set.
- Twenty minutes post injection of pyrophosphate; give bolus injection of TCO4 25 mCi.
For a consultation, please call
The staff of nuclear medicine is available for consultation from 6:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.