- Localize neuroendocrine tumors; Carcinoid Tumor
- Mild laxative is recommended before administration of OctreoScan and before 48-hour image post injection. Patient needs to be well hydrated prior to administration of OctreoScan and continue to force fluids and void frequently for one-day post injection. (Use in-patients with impaired renal function should be carefully considered).
- Indium In-111 pentetreotide(OctreoScan)1.1 mCi to 8.0 mCi(Preparation will be made by qualified nuclear pharmacy)\
- @4 Hours – approximately 60 minutes
- @24 hours-approximately 60 minutes
For a consultation, please call
The staff of nuclear medicine is available for consultation from 6:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.