White Blood Cell Technetium Whole Body
- Abnormal inflammation
- Acute appendicitis
- Abscess abdomen/inflammation
- Fever unknown origin
- Chrohn's disease
- 10 mCi 99m Tc HMPAO (Ceretec) WBC
- No prep
- Abdomen free of barium
- Draw 60 cc heparinized blood from patient.
- Send to Nuclear Pharmacy for tagging of WhiteBloodCells to Tc99m Ceretec.
- Anterior chest and abdomenStatic anterior/posterior every 15 minutes up to 60 minutes3-hour anterior/posterior delay24-hour anterior/posterior delay
- Whole body
For a consultation, please call
The staff of nuclear medicine is available for consultation from 6:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.