At SOMC, our mission is to make a difference.
We strive to live out that mission by providing our region with the highest quality of care, delivered by professionals who are among the best in their fields. We extend that care and passion to make a difference into the community by being a very good neighbor, employer, and community supporter.Our Mission and Vision Values
SOMC and the Community
It is the vision of SOMC to be the region’s leading medical center – but that’s only the beginning of our community involvement.
Click here to view our Community Benefits Report and how SOMC is giving back.
FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For”
- An annual list in FORTUNE Magazine of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” in the United States.
- SOMC has been named to the list for the past fourteen years, placing 28th in 2021.
- In 2021, SOMC was ranked the second highest organization in Ohio and the third highest out of nine healthcare institutions in the country. Based on an evaluation of workplace environment, as well as the thoughts and opinions of the employees of SOMC.
- Helps SOMC recruit top medical professionals.
Great Places to Work Certified:
- Ranked 47th in Best Workplaces for Women 2020
- Ranked 28th in Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2021
- Ranked 3rd in Fortune Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma 2021
People Magazine’s ’50 Companies That Care’
- Southern Ohio Medical Center has been recognized as one of the “50 Companies That Care” in America by People Magazine, ranking 20th on this prestigious list!
- SOMC was selected among hundreds of companies vying for a place on the list.
- PEOPLE partners with Great Place to Work® to identify the top U.S. companies caring for their communities,their employees, and the world.