SOMC is a dynamic and exciting place where you can meet new people, make new friends, and be part of a team that’s committed to making a fundamental difference in the health of those we serve.
What Will I Do as a Volunteer?
The Volunteer Services program at SOMC offers many opportunities to men, women, and teens to make a personal contribution toward the comfort and well-being of our patients or by assisting staff in many areas. Once your application is processed, our Volunteer Services Department will work closely with you to ensure that your service to SOMC is a rewarding commitment based on your schedule and interests. Typically, volunteers make a commitment of at least one shift at the same time each week. In addition to special work in various departments, major areas of volunteering include:
- Support staff in Same Day Surgery waiting area
- Support staff in Heart & Vascular waiting area
- Assist staff on nursing units
- Volunteer in the Gift Gallery with sales and operation
- Assist in LIFE Center Rehab
- Visit patients, reading or talking to them
- Assist with our Hospice In-Patient/Out-Patient Areas
- Answer phones and assist visitors and patients at the Information Desks
- Assist Nutrition Services staff in our Cafeteria
- Serve as receptionists in various departments
- Aid offices in clerical areas, by typing or filing
- Join an SOMC Guild
SOMC is fortunate to have six guilds (Hope, Kardia, Pediatric, Pleasure, Scioto, Service), which create an all-volunteer fundraising network to support SOMC’s mission, vision, and values by sponsoring activities to raise funds for needed equipment, renovations, expansions of SOMC facilities and patient education, health and safety. Our Guilds are proud of their efforts and would like to continue by adding new members. New members are welcome any time of the year – simply contact SOMC Volunteer Services for details!
Jr. Summer Volunteer Program
The Junior Volunteer Program “Summer at SOMC” is open to young adults aged 16-17. This educational and rewarding program runs during the summer months of June, July and August, and the Volunteer Services Department begins accepting applications in April of each year.
Benefits of Volunteering at SOMC:
- Convenient work hours
- Complimentary meals
- Free flu vaccination
- Invitations to special events
- Opportunity to acquire new skills or brush up on old ones
Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older
- A desire to help others
- Communicates constructively
- Good organizational skills
- Commitment to accuracy
- A cheerful and positive demeanor
- Self-confident/team player
Reasons to volunteer at SOMC(quotes provided by current SOMC volunteers)
- “I volunteered to help others not expecting anything in return from SOMC. I was and still am amazed at SOMC’s appreciation of the volunteers and all the ways SOMC shows their appreciation.”
- “I feel very valued as a volunteer and truly appreciate having SOMC as my community hospital.”
- “When I graduated from High School I felt a calling to be a nurse. After working as an RN at SOMC for 25 years, I retired, and am now volunteering at age 76, I feel so blessed.”
- “Volunteering gives me a purpose, an accomplishment in my life.”
- “I love volunteering with Hospice. We’ve become family over 22 years. I’ve cut back – but can’t retire!”
- “Giving something back to the hospital which has always given me good care.”
- “Giving is beautiful. When you give you will receive abundance.”
- “When working with a co-volunteer she invited me to join a guild.”
- “The feeling generated from helping others is great. Volunteering is a rewarding experience.”
- “To help bring a smile to the faces of people going through the hardest times of their lives warms my heart.”
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
If you would like to contribute your time and talent, fill out this form and it will be sent to the Volunteer office.
The Volunteer Services department is located in the Waller Building, Suite 204A
SOMC Volunteer Services
1805 27th Street
Portsmouth, OH 45662
Hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Point of Contact
Jenny Lavender – Manager, Volunteer Services/Guild Coordinator
Sherri Hurley – Secretary