A consultation with one of our providers can be arranged via referral from another provider and are accomplished by phone or fax to the SOMC Cancer Center. Patients with an established cancer diagnosis do not require a physician referral. We welcome the opportunity to provide second opinion hematology and oncology consultations.
We will ask that your records be provided to us in advance along with any pathology slides and medical imaging films that you may have had done outside of Southern Ohio Medical Center. You may need to sign a release so that we can obtain this information in advance. We strive to ensure that we have this information here on your first visit.
We ask that you always:
- Bring a list of all medications that you are currently taking (including over-the-counter remedies, vitamins and herbal supplements.)
- Write down any questions or concerns that you may have to discuss with your physician.
- If you wish, bring someone with you to help listen to your physician’s comments and responses to your questions.
- Make your next appointment every time you visit the clinic. This includes lab, medication and radiology appointments.
- Bring your insurance cards.
- Let us know whenever you change your address, telephone number, employment, marital status or insurance.
Address & Directions
SOMC Cancer Center, 1121 Kinneys Lane. Portsmouth, OH 45662
Join Us on Facebook
Fighting Cancer in Your Community. Join now