The guilds at Southern Ohio Medical Center share a common goal – to support the needs of the patients, as well as the hospital’s beneficial programs through fundraising efforts. They achieved their goal in 2016, raising more than $97,256.90 as part of their effort to advance the mission of SOMC. The women and men of SOMC’s guilds are truly extraordinary individuals and make such a difference for the patients, families and staff of Southern Ohio Medical Center.
This year, the support of the SOMC Development Foundation’s Guilds allowed SOMC to purchase items, such as Heart Care Equipment for both patient care and staff needs, Breast Pumps for Maternity and donations toward the SOMC Cancer Compassion Fund, Pediatric Nursery and SOMC Hospice Center. SOMC is supported by a total of six guilds: the Hope Guild, the Kardia Guild, the Pleasure Guild, the Scioto Guild, the Service Guild and the Pediatric Guild.
- President – Sandy Cable
- Vice President – Ama Simpson
- Secretary – Joyce White
- Assistant Secretary – Jean Taylor
- Treasurer – Bonnie Riddlebarger
- Assistant Treasurer – Ruth Stewart
Total Amount Raised in 2016: $35,731.57. Fundraisers in 2016: Books Are Fun Sale and Scioto Shoe Mart In-Store Shoe Sale.
- President – Karen Wood
- Vice President – Eloise White
- Secretary – Merrill Wood
- Treasurer – Diane Rigoni
Total Amount Raised in 2016: $11,602.11. Fundraisers in 2016: It’s In the Bag In-Store Sale, Phlebotomy Plus Scrub Sale, Jewelry Extravaganza Sale, Mary Kay Cosmetic Sale.
- President – Danielle Houghton
- Vice President – Jessi Miller
- Treasurer – Suellen Doughman
- Secretary – Ashley Musser
Total Amount Raised in 2016: 5,262.54. Fundraisers in 2016: Wine Tasting Events in connection with The Party Connection, Linen Sales, Silpada Jewelry, Mary’s Spirit Shop In-Store Sale, Wreath Sale.
- President – Janet Doyle
- Vice President – Suzanne Trimble
- Secretary – Elaine Litten
- Treasurer – Georgene Bussey
Total Amount Raised in 2016: $12093.46. Fundraisers in 2016: Thirty One, Chocolate Sale, Scentsy, Purse Sale, Origami Owl.
- President – Betty Applegate
- Vice President – Carol Davis
- Secretary – Mary Harold
- Treasurer – Bonnie Johnson
Total Amount Raised in 2016: $23,694.27. Fundraisers in 2016: Annual Flower Sale
- President – Karen Evans
- Vice President – Saundra Wheeler
- Secretary – Ruth Logan
- Treasurer – Joanne Winters
Total Amount Raised in 2016: 8,872.95. Fundraisers in 2016: Rada Sale, Wall to Wall In-Store Sale