Questions to ask the Manager/Supervisor about the position for which you are applying:
- Tell me about the necessary skills to do this job.
- What makes a successful candidate for this position?
- What would make an unsuccessful candidate?
- Why have people left this position previously?
- What is the most difficult part of this job?
- Tell me about the hours and schedule for this position.
- Tell me about the work environment.
- What education and training is available to enhance my skills for career advancement in your department or in the organization..
- Tell me about what your department/unit measures.
- Tell me about patient centered care.
- Tell me about the support that employees get to help them be successful.
- Tell me why I should work on your unit/department.
- How do employees know about what is expected of them?
- Tell me about the orientation to the unit/department.
- Tell me about the evaluation process for this position.
- Tell me about the Standards of Behavior at SOMC.
- Tell me about the dress code for this position.
- Tell me about a typical day for an employee in this position.
- Can I shadow an employee that is in this position?
- Do you believe that I have received a “Realistic Job Preview” of this position?
For more information, please call