SOMC offers a nursing intern opportunity for students enrolled in a nursing program. To be eligible, the nursing student must have completed their first semester of nursing school. The nursing intern program offers students an excellent opportunity to acquire clinical experience, build communication skills, and gain confidence in the hospital setting under a registered nurse’s guidance. SOMC’s program rotates students monthly through the hospital’s medical-surgical and specialty units, where students can find their “right fit” and plan their future career goals. Interns can work as few as 4 hours per week or as many as 40 hours per week and flex their hours to their school schedules.
- Enhance your clinical knowledge
- Experience different kinds of nursing and interdisciplinary teams
- Learn how to think, prioritize your time critically, and manage a crisis
- Build relationships, network, and work with excellent teams
- Become comfortable talking with patients, families, and providers
For more information, contact the nurse recruiter at 740-356-6499.