2203 25th Street
Portsmouth, Ohio 45662
The SOMC Hospice Center provides a home away from home for terminally ill patients who need inpatient care.
SOMC Hospice is a medically directed supportive service for patients with a life limiting illness and their families. The goal of our program is to provide a continuation of care, which offers patients choices for enhancing the opportunities for completing their lives with dignity, purpose and peace. Focusing on home care, the Hospice staff works with both patients and family members to solve the problems associated with life limiting illness.
The SOMC Hospice Center is specifically designed to help staff members take care of seriously ill patients in an efficient manner, yet appear non-institutional and comforting to those entering as patients or as their caregivers.
- Twelve medically supervised private patient suites. Each includes a family room, bedroom, private bathroom and other accommodations to provide a home-like environment for patients and families
- A community kitchen, complete with microwave, stove and refrigerator, available 24-hour a day for family members and their guests
- A serenity room to provide patients and family members with a quiet atmosphere for relaxation
- Family gathering area, complete with fireplace, television and reading area
- A meditation garden to provide a calm, natural environment for conversation and reflection
- Patient and family library
- Private patio
- Children’s play room