As part of your membership you have the option of having a fitness consultation. This consultation is with a Personal Trainer and includes:
- Review of your medical history
- Evaluation of your current fitness level
- Review of your fitness goals
- Personalized exercise program and instruction
- This is the best way to assure you are exercising a safe manner and are following a program that will produce results.
Performance Enhancement Center (PEC)
Athletes of all ages, abilities and sports rely on the PEC program to improve their skills. PEC helps athletes of all levels (age 10 and up) to improve their athletic skills, learn techniques for preventing injury and ultimately reach their optimal athletic performance. The most comprehensive program of its kind, PEC starts with a thorough fitness evaluation that leads to a customized plan aimed at achieving your objectives. Whether you want to reduce your time in a 40yard sprint; improve your swing; develop your footwork; or improve your exercise capability; our certified training staff can work with you. PEC uses proven training techniques and stateoftheart equipment to help you maximize your athletic potential. The program features:
- Seven point functional movement screen to identify muscular imbalances and deficiencies and prevent injuries from training
- Athletic assessments to test to speed, agility, body composition, flexibility, balance, and strength
- Training programs based on evaluations to promote strength, power, endurance, and speed
- Challenging programs to build lasting performance
- Sport specific exercise training
- High speed treadmill training
- Ongoing evaluation to assure measurable results are attained
Cost is $250 for a 5 week session.
The gymnasium at the Portsmouth LIFE Center features a regulation size basketball court and a total of 6 baskets. It is lined for basketball, volleyball, and pickleball. Volleyball games are played on Monday and Thursday evenings in the gym from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Please Call (740) 356-7563
Massage Therapy is available in our Portsmouth location with Licensed Massage Therapists. Massage Therapy is a natural way to reduce stress, relieve muscle aches and pains, and improve immunity and circulation by stimulating the body’s lymph and blood systems.
Please Call (740) 356-7353
Group Fitness Classes
Group excercise classes are a great way to meet your fitness goals in a friendly and encouraging environment. The LIFE Center offers a variety of classes for all fitness levels. Please note, not all classes are available at each facility and some specialty classes may have additional fees.
For your health and safety, it is important to complete the warm-up and stretching segment of each class. Therefore, everyone is encouraged to arrive for class on time. For classes that require the use of equipment (bikes, steps, etc) please try to arrive a few minutes early.
Group Fitness Schedules are available at each facility and by visiting Fitness Schedules.
Back to Basics
B2B is a 10 week program that centers around diet and exercise. Participants can review nutritional needs and/ or exercise habits with a Certified Nutrition Specialist or a Medical Fitness Specialist. Participants may choose a package of services that meets their needs. For more information please call 740-356-7650.
If you are looking to gain maximum results from exercise consider Personal Training. All LIFE Center Trainers have a 4 year degree in a fitness related field and/or a Certification in Personal Training from a nationally recognized agency. Trainers can customize workouts for any person of any ability and work one on one to motivate you to achieve your goals.
Personal Training is available at any LIFE Center. Packages are offered in 1, 5, or 10 hour blocks.
- 1 hour personal training : $40
- 5 hour personal training block: $190
- 10 hour personal training block : $360
Group Training Guidelines:
- Personal Training can be done one-on-one or in a group setting.
- More than 1 person at a time can share a trainer.