As part of your membership you have the option of having a fitness consultation. This consultation is with an Exercise Physiologist, Personal Trainer or an Athletic Trainer and includes:
- Review of your medical history
- Evaluation of your current fitness level
- Review of your fitness goals
- Personalized exercise program and instruction
- This is the best way to assure you are exercising a safe manner and are following a program that will produce results.
Performance Enhancement Center (PEC)
Athletes of all ages, abilities and sports rely on the PEC program to improve their skills. PEC helps athletes of all levels (age 10 and up) to improve their athletic skills, learn techniques for preventing injury and ultimately reach their optimal athletic performance. The most comprehensive program of its kind, PEC starts with a thorough fitness evaluation that leads to a customized plan aimed at achieving your objectives. Whether you want to reduce your time in a 40yard sprint; improve your swing; develop your footwork; or improve your exercise capability; our certified training staff can work with you. PEC uses proven training techniques and stateoftheart equipment to help you maximize your athletic potential. The program features:
- Seven point functional movement screen to identify muscular imbalances and deficiencies and prevent injuries from training
- Athletic assessments to test to speed, agility, body composition, flexibility, balance, and strength
- Training programs based on evaluations to promote strength, power, endurance, and speed
- Challenging programs to build lasting performance
- Sport specific exercise training
- High speed treadmill training
- Ongoing evaluation to assure measurable results are attained
Cost is $250 for a 6 week session. Discounts available for multiple athletes or teams training together.
The gymnasium at the Portsmouth LIFE Center features a regulation size basketball court and a total of 6 baskets. It is lined for basketball, volleyball, and pickleball. A current gym schedule can be found here.
Volleyball games are played on Monday and Thursday evenings in the gym from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
The Homer and Janet Selby Aquatic Center features a 25 meter lap pool and a hydrotherapy pool. Both pools are indoors and heated.
Our water programs include:
- Arthritis Aquatics classes for those who are at a beginner fitness level or seeking to improve joint mobility.
- Water fitness classes both for cardiovascular fitness and strength building.
- Levels of swimming lessons for children age 1 year and up.
- American Red Cross lifeguard training.
Please Call (740) 356-7563
Massage Therapy is available in our Portsmouth location with Licensed Massage Therapists. Massage Therapy is a natural way to reduce stress, relieve muscle aches and pains, and improve immunity and circulation by stimulating the body’s lymph and blood systems.
Please Call (740) 356-7353
Nutrition Consultation with a Nutritionist
Individual nutrition counseling is available with a Registered Dietician. Members can schedule a session to discuss weight loss, sports nutrition, developing healthy eating habits or just to have your current diet assessed.
Please Call (740) 356-8348
Group Fitness Classes
Group excercise classes are a great way to meet your fitness goals in a friendly and encouraging environment. The LIFE Center offers a variety of classes for all fitness levels. Please note, not all classes are available at each facility and some specialty classes may have additional fees.
For your health and safety, it is important to complete the warm-up and stretching segment of each class. Therefore, everyone is encouraged to arrive for class on time. For classes that require the use of equipment (bikes, steps, etc) please try to arrive a few minutes early.
Group Fitness Schedules are available at each facility and by visiting Fitness Schedules.
KidzFit for LIFE: A program available for children ages 6-13 while their parent or guardian participates in another LIFE Center activity. KidzFit is a cross-training program held in the group fitness studio of the Portsmouth LIFE Center. Cost of $4.00 per visit or a Youth Membership can be purchased. Loadable gift cards are also available to purchase multiple visits.
Back to Basics
B2B is a 10 week program that centers around diet and exercise. Participants can review nutritional needs and/ or exercise habits with a Certified Nutrition Specialist or a Medical Fitness Specialist. Program participants will have and in depth body composition analysis with the SECA mBCA (click here for more details). Nonmembers may purchase a reduced rate membership for the duration of their program. Participants may choose a package of services that meets their needs. For more information please call 740-356-7650.
Learn and Burn
Learn and burn is a partnership with Weight Watchers. Participants will receive 12 weeks of in person support and 14 weeks of free eTools. Classes meet every Thursday. Weigh-Ins begin at 6:00p. Meetings begin at 6:15p. Reduced rate LIFE Center memberships are available for the duration of the session.
Additional Helpful Links
Nutrition Consultation Ver este link porque apunta a programs & services a ask a dietition y no deberia