SOMC announces Lung Health NavigatorPosted on November 1, 2015
SOMC provides a Lung Health Navigator to meet the needs of our community and lung-patient population, serving as a free resource to combat tobacco addiction, lung disease and provide information about available lung screenings.
The Lung Health Navigator guides the patient through the full continuum of care by:
• Referring high-risk patients for early detection low-dose CT screenings
• Analyzing information and taking action to facilitate patient wellness and healing
• Collaborating with the patient and the patient’s family to ensure they are receiving the best care possible
• Coordinating patient care between specialties • Facilitating physician recommendations for patient care to ensure understanding and compliance
• Helping patients with financial needs find resources for assistance
• Providing educational and emotional support
• Providing facts – not opinions – for treatment advice
For more information about SOMC’s Lung Navigator, and how it may help you, contact Jenny Woodyard at 740-356-LUNG.