Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC) complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. SOMC does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
- If you need these services, contact SOMC Compliance officer at 740-356-7853.
If you believe SOMC failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: SOMC Compliance Officer, 1805 27th Street, Portsmouth, OH 45662, 740-356-7853. You can file a grievance in person, by mail, or by email. If you need help filing a grievance, the SOMC Compliance officer is available to help you.
To address discrimination concerns, you may also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services:
- US Office for Civil Rights
200 Independence Ave., SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, DC 20201
Complaint forms are available at: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html