2203 25th Street
Portsmouth, Ohio 45662
Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC) Hospice Center is a medically directed service for patients with a life limiting illness and their families. The goal of our program is to provide patients with choices for enhancing the opportunities for completing their lives with dignity, purpose and peace.
The SOMC Hospice Center is specifically designed to help staff members take care of seriously ill patients while offering comfort to all.
Thanks to the donations of many generous donors, the SOMC Hospice Center recently completed an expansion and renovation project.
The SOMC Hospice Center now features sixteen medically supervised private patient suites. Each room includes a family room, bedroom, private bathroom and other accommodations to provide a comfortable, home-like environment for patients and families.
We also offer:
- A community kitchen, complete with a microwave, stove and refrigerator – available 24-hours a day for family
- A serenity/music room to provide patients and family members with a quiet atmosphere for relaxation
- A meditation room for reflection. The meditation room includes a massage chair for relaxation.
- Family gathering area, complete with fireplace, television and reading area
- A meditation garden to provide a calm, natural environment for conversation and reflection
- Private patio with koi pond
- Adult and children’s activity area
- Family shower areas for visiting family members