SOMC is pleased to offer Childbirth Education online with free access. If you have further questions about childbirth education or breastfeeding please call 740-356-8405.
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and labor
- Relief of common complaints
- Signs and symptoms to be reported
- When to go to hospital
- What to take to hospital
- Stages of Labor
- Coping Skills for each Stage
- Massage and a variety of relaxation techniques for each stage of labor
- Making informed decisions
- Medications for labor, vaginal and cesarean delivery
- How a Support Person Helps
- Tour of Maternity Unit
- Birth Video
How to access eLearning from your mobile device.
iPhone, iPad or Android Devices
- You will need to download another app to view the program on your tablet. Search for the “Puffin Web Browser” app and download the free version called Puffin Browser Free – Fast & Flash.
- Open the Puffin App on your device.
- Follow this link to the website: Online Childbirth Education
- or enter the following web address:
Kindle Fire or Nook Color
- Kindle Fire – turn your flash settings on. This is located under Settings/Behavior/Enable Flash.
- Open your web browser and enter the web address provided by your facility.
- Enter your access code and tap “Go”.
- “Notes” option does not work on Nook Color.
- To access PDF attachments, tap on the icon in the bottom left corner.
All Mobile Devices
- Check to make sure your volume is on and adjusted correctly.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Acrobat Reader installed.
- To view animation on page 26: Tap on the icon in the top right corner. Select “mouse” in the bottom right. A track pad will appear that is controlled by clicking and holding with both fingers and moving the magnifier glass over image.
For more information, call