Having a test? Find about it here.
What is Nuclear Medicine?
Nuclear Medicine utilizes small amounts of radioactive material to diagnose or treat disease. A small amount of a radioactive tracer will be given to you prior to the scan..
When is it used?
Your doctor will order the scan. Nuclear Medicine scans are commonly used to diagnose problems with bones, liver, lungs, heart and thyroid glands and others.
What are the risks of a Nuclear Medicine procedure?
Most physicians agree that the benefit of an early and accurate diagnosis far outweigh the risk of receiving a small amount of radioactive material administered for the scan.
Nuclear Medicine Department-Staff
Nuclear Medicine is staffed with American College of Radiologists, American Registry of Radiologic Technologist, American Registry of Nuclear Medicine Technologist, and Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist; all are licensed by the State of Ohio.
For a consultation, please call
The staff of nuclear medicine is available for consultation from 6:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Bone Scan
- Bone Scan 3 Phase
- Brain Scan
- CEA Scan
- CSF Fluid Flow - Cisternography
- Gallium Scan
- Gastric Emptying
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- GI Bleed
- Hepatobiliary Scan
- I131 Wholebody
- Indium 11 Oncoscint
- Liver Scan for Hemangioma
- Liver & Spleen Scan
- Liver & Spleen Spect
- Lung Scan (Ventilation and Perfusion)
- Meckels Scan
- First pass with Muga
- Nuclear Cystogram
- Parathyroid Imaging
- Myocardial Perfusion Imaging (Cardiolite)
- Renogram Renal Scan
- Renogram Renal Captopril
- Renogram Renal Lasix
- Thyroid Scan/Uptake
- White Blood Cell Indium Whole Body
- White Blood Cell Technetium Whole Body
- Pet Solitary Pulmonary nodule G0125
- Pet Initial Lung Cancer (Non small cell lung cancer) G0211
- Pet Diagnosis Lung CA G0210
- Pet Restaging Lung G0212
- Pet Diagnosis Colorectal G0213
- Pet Initial Colorectal Cancer G0214
- Pet Restaging Color G0215
- Pet Diagnosis Melanoma G0216
- Pet Initial Melanoma G0217
- Pet Restaging Melanoma G0218
- Pet Melanoma G0219
- Pet WB Lymphoma G0220
- Pet Initial Lymphoma G0221
- Pet Restaging Lymph G0222
- Pet Diagnosis Head G0223
- Pet Initial Head G0224
- Pet Restaging Head/Neck G0225
- Pet Diagnosis Esophageal G0226
- Pet Initial Esophageal G0227
- Pet Restaging Esophageal G0228
- Pet Metabolic Brain G0229
- Pet Myocardial Viability G0230
- Pet Breast Staging/restaging G0253
- Pet Breast Response to Treatment G0254
- Pet Thyroid G0296
- Pet WholeBody Tumor Imaging 78810