Renal Scan Renogram
- Evaluate on followup renal failure.
- Evaluate suspected renovascular hypertension.
- Evaluate obstructive uropathy.
- Evaluate patient with known sensitivity to Renografin iodinated contrast media.
- 10 mCi 99m Tc MAG-3 IV
- Patient should be well hydrated.
- Patient should not be taking diuretic.
- Patient should void prior to exam.
- Position patient supine, detector under scintibed.
- Inject 99m Tc MAG-3 intravenously as a bolus.
- Phase 1 obtain sequential 2 sec images for 60 sec. (30 frame)
- Obtain sequential 60 sec images for 40 min.
For a consultation, please call
The staff of nuclear medicine is available for consultation from 6:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.