I 123 Thyroid Scan And Uptake
- Discontinue thyroid medications for six (6) weeks prior
- No iodinated contrast material for six (6) weeks prior
- Day one
- The Technologist will give you a capsule (radioactive tracer) to swallow
- Day Two
- The Technologist will do an uptake count of your thyroid gland to evaluate its function and images of your thyroid gland.
- Imaging will last for 30 minutes
For a consultation, please call
The staff of nuclear medicine is available for consultation from 6:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.